[council] Re: Election for ICANN Board seat number 13

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Wed Feb 4 23:21:58 UTC 2004

Thnaks Marilyn.  My apologies for getting it wrong - I missed it when I
read it last time.

Upon reading the bylaws again I have found a statement:

From: http://www.icann.org/general/bylaws.htm
Article VI, Section 8, paragraph 5:
"Subject to the provisions of the Transition Article of these Bylaws, no
Director may serve more than three consecutive terms. For these
purposes, a person selected to fill a vacancy in a term shall not be
deemed to have served that term."

Also from the Transition Article XX, Section 2, paragraph 8:
"In applying the term-limitation provision of Section 8(5) of Article
VI, a Director's service on the Board before the Effective Date and Time
of the New Board shall count as one term."

Thus Alejandro Pisanty has served:
- one term prior to the New Board
- one term since the New Board (for 1 year)

And thus is eligible for a third term.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin