[council] Separation of policy and implementation in task force reports

Marc Schneiders marc at schneiders.org
Wed May 26 20:56:54 UTC 2004

Bruce (& council),

I find this difficult to read and understand (which is not your fault
but me being a foreigner even down under). Are you saying (as you did
in Rome during breakfast with Board) that each of our
decisions/recommendations should be accompanied by clear guidelines as
how to measure after a certain period whether it worked out? I then
thought and still think this is a very good idea. It avoids paralysis
amongst us. We can think and suggest lots of great policies, but what
then? It would help the process and our own satisfaction with it (and
subsequent energy to go on), if we could actually see after a year
(e.g.) that it did work, if only 33%.

Thanks for raising this issue!

Marc Schneiders
NCUC council rep