[council] GNSO Review - the external contractor

Paul Verhoef paul.verhoef at icann.org
Wed Nov 10 10:16:14 UTC 2004

All,

We have engaged Patrick Sharry, a management consultant based in Sydney, to perform the role of
external consultant as foreseen in the Review paper as approved by the ICANN Board recently. Patrick
has been engaged following a search for suitable candidates. Patrick has extensively experience with
the workings of ICANN and we engage him in several other areas. So he comes with a suitable
background.

I would like to thank those who have provided us with names for possible candidates for this role.

Patrick has been thoroughly briefed by Bruce and myself and has developed a timeline for his work
that foresees that interviews will be held during the course of next week. Therefore, a number of
you can expect to be contacted by Patrick. Subsequently, a draft report will be prepared which will
be circulated for comment and a final report is expected at the end of the month of November. The
report will subsequently be published for public comment and comments can be provided during the
open-microphone sessions in Capetown and submitted in writing. The whole of this material will then
be provided to the Board for their deliberation at the Board meeting in Capetown.

I trust that with your continued support to this exercise, we should be able to finish it within the
foreseen timeframes.
Regards

Paul

Paul Verhoef
Vice President Policy Development Support
ICANN
6 Rond Point Schuman, Bt.5
B-1040 Brussels, Belgium
Tel.: +32.2.234 7872