[council] Reminder regarding terms of office

Michael D. Palage michael at palage.com
Mon Sep 13 11:42:44 UTC 2004

Bruce:

Thanks for reminding council of this important milestone. As someone that
previous had reservations about extending the number of representatives,
despite the changes to the bylaws set forth by the Evolution and Reform
Process, I believe that the past year has shown the clear benefit of the
expanded representation. Moreover, given the newly formed ccNSO which
recognizes three (3) representatives per geographic region, I would
recommend the council to considering asking the ICANN Board and staff for a
by-law amendment to permanently recognize the three representative
structure, instead of continuing the one year exception.

Considering that ICANN is about stability and predictability, I believe both
of these tenets will be promoted by amending the by-laws to recognize three
representatives instead of continuing the annual exemption to the current
by-laws. This is just a thought and will defer to you and the rest of
council on how best to proceed to represent the collective interests of your
constituencies.

Best regards,

Michael D. Palage