[council] Budget for FY 2005-2006

Bret Fausett fausett at lextext.com
Thu Apr 14 22:04:38 UTC 2005

We touched on ICANN budget issues in Argentina, but this article from
today's Australian IT makes some interesting points about ICANN's budget
for 2005-2006 that shows a rather sharp upward trend:

For reference purposes, here are ICANN's most recent budget numbers:
~$6 million (FY-'03);
~$8.3 million (FY-'04);
~$15.8 million (FY-'05 Budgeted) / ~$23 million (FY-'05 Actual)

Quote from the Australian IT article: "Mr Twomey said that the
organisation had made loose projections it would need to increase its
revenue target of $US23 million for the end of June this year, to a
figure 'in the low 30 millions' next year."

http://australianit.news.com.au/articles/0,7204,12825576%5E15306%5E%5Enbv%5E,00.html

Perhaps we could place the 2005-2006 budget on our next agenda, and I
wonder if we could receive a report from someone involved in the
budgeting process on the estimates for the coming year.

         Bret