[council] Administrative planning and coordination Council/Staff working sessions

Alick Wilson alick.wilson at xendra.co.nz
Thu Aug 11 06:11:20 UTC 2005

Marilyn, Bruce and fellow Councillors

Further to Marilyn's posted suggestion that Council arrange for staff
planning/administration calls every two weeks, I support this request, and
in addition, have two related requests.

1. A further contribution to Council would be a better understanding of who
and what staff support we have available. This would be improved if each of
those staff who actively participate in Council matters provide to Council a
short description of their role in the ICANN organisation and how much of
their role and time is available to support the GNSO Council. It would be
useful to have this from at least Olof, Maria and now Liz. As an open and
transparent organisation, this should not need discussion or resolution of
Council. Bruce, please make this request to staff on my behalf as a Council
member.

2. I would like to see a prioritised project/task list for GNSO projects and
tasks, kept up to date by staff so we can see ongoing progress and plans,
not just a snapshot prior to calls. I am familiar with open source
project/task management tools which may be suitable if ICANN does not
already have such.

Bruce, please add these to Marilyn's agenda item for the next call.

Also, a note to say that I would like to contribute to the better governance
of GNSO Council by participating in the proposed admin calls.

Regards,
Alick