[council] Response from Deputy General Counsel on "clear and conspicuous"

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Fri Aug 12 01:35:24 UTC 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Halloran [mailto:daniel.halloran at icann.org]
Sent: Friday, 12 August 2005 4:02 AM
To: Bruce Tonkin
Subject: Re: [gnso-dow123] Note to council on Notice recommendation

Bruce,

As we discussed, this will confirm that John Jeffrey and I have reviewed
and approved the use of the phrase "clear and conspicuous"
in the "Updated consensus recommendation on improving notification to
Registered Name Holders of the public access to contact data via the
WHOIS service" <http://www.gnso.icann.org/mailing-lists/archives/
council/msg01159.html>.

We'll stand by to review any possible questions the task force might
develop on the "waiver" issue discussed below.

I hope this will be helpful.  Please let me know if I can be of any
other assistance.

Best regards,
Daniel Halloran
Deputy General Counsel