[council] Administrative planning and coordination Council/Staff working sessions

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 12 18:14:48 UTC 2005

It seems to me that we should do both, Tom. But in different schedules.

First, start with the administration and coordination calls, which I
proposed we do routinely between now and VC, after we discuss this further
on the Council call on the 18th.

Then, in VC, we can, as Council, in our Administrative/Planning session
discuss how best to achieve the most effective outcomes that support the
Council's roles and responsibilities--such as the idea of forming "a small
group with a specific assignment" as you have proposed. I support putting
that approach on the agenda to discuss in Vancouver. And then we would have
had a few weeks of working calls to guide the Council and staff is
discussion of best approaches.

In the meantime, I will post a draft calendar of conference call dates
probably Monday evening or Tuesday a.m. so folks can look at it before the
Council call.