[council] Response from Deputy General Counsel on "clear and conspicuous"

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 12 18:54:20 UTC 2005

This response is for a targeted question,Avri, specific to language that I
used in the BC recommendation regarding how a notice should be presented.

There is now a different question. Related, but different.

In  my view, the TF has more work to do to agree on whether they have a
question,  and then define a question -- that is well defined enough to take
up Council's time and then legal counsel's time.

I think that the TF has to be focused itself on whether there is agreement
on what a question(s) is that would address the present debate/question that
has been raised by one member, and now concurred with by a few more, with to
hers not in agreement.Thus, the TF needs to do its work. They will
undoubtedly decide if they are bringing a request for legal guidance into
the Council shortly.

Regards, Marilyn