[council] Establishment of Programme Committee for ICANN meeting in Vancouver

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Tue Aug 16 04:29:44 UTC 2005

Hello All,

We have been asked to nominate a person to represent the GNSO on the Programme Committee for the ICANN meeting in Vancouver (see email below).   I am pleased to see that the ICANN staff have adopted our suggestion to form a program committee.

I recommend that the GNSO appoint the GNSO Secretariat (Glen De Saint Géry) as our representative on the committee.

Glen has a good understanding of the requirements of each GNSO Constituency, as well as the GNSO Council meetings and task force meetings.  As a Council we can identify the meetings that we wish to have in Vancouver, and the constraints (ie identify which meetings should be available for the whole ICANN community to attend, which should allow all members of the GNSO to attend, and which can be held in parallel).   I can develop a simple spreadsheet of GNSO meetings and constraints as a starting point, and the GNSO Council members can provide input to that spreadsheet of requirements.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin