[council] Performance of the GNSO Council Report

Michael D. Palage michael at palage.com
Mon Aug 29 20:48:40 UTC 2005

Liz,

My recollection is that you were retained to assist ICANN staff to help
in improving GNSO policy development processes wrt WHOIS. This report
then evolved into a broader audit report of GNSO policy, and in fact
this was the GNSO Council report that was referenced in the 24-Oct-2004
minutes.

The reason why I believe these document(s) which you prepared are so
important is that it goes to the whole fairness issue that was discussed
on the Council list last week. If you previously prepared report(s) that
addressed the effectiveness of the Council/GNSO on policy, then it would
be important for these documents to be made available to the community
to identify any pre-conceived opinions/viewpoints in connection with
your current assignment.

Obviously you have your hands full so hopefully ICANN staff might be
able to locate these report(s) quicker.

Best regards,

Michael D. Palage