[council] GNSO Review TOR + Background Information

Ross Rader ross at tucows.com
Wed Aug 31 13:38:08 UTC 2005

On 31/08/2005 8:55 AM Liz Williams noted that;

> Could I ask you to review it - the Chair has asked for comments to be in by
> Friday 2 Sept Brussels COB.   He will then forward an updated document to
> the Board for 8 Sept once any additional comments are taken into account.

I have several other less substantive comments, but this one is
significant enough to be submitted independently.

I have a substantial objection to section 3.2 and would like to see it
rephrased in substantially more positive and constructive terms.

Current:

3.2.	The GNSO Review is designed to determine:

o	whether that organization has a continuing purpose in the ICANN
structure,
o	and, if so, whether any change in structure or operations is desirable
to improve its effectiveness.

Proposed:

3.2 	The GNSO Review is designed to analyse:

o	the current and continued role of the GNSO in the ICANN structure,
o	and recommend what changes in its structure or operations, or those of
ICANN itself, may be desirable to improve its effectiveness.

- --
Regards,

                       -rwr

                "Every contrivance of man, every tool, every instrument,
                 every utensil, every article designed for use, of each
                 and every kind, evolved from very simple beginnings."
                        - Robert Collier

Got Blog? http://www.blogware.com
My Blogware: http://www.byte.org