[council] My term on GNSO Council expires at end of 2005 Annual Meeting in Vancouver

Alick Wilson alick.wilson at xendra.co.nz
Fri Dec 2 21:19:21 UTC 2005

Colleagues

Thank you for your vote of thanks today.

This is to say "au revoir".

I was one of the first batch of Nominating Committee appointees to GNSO
Council in June 2003. It has been an interesting, learning, and challenging
experience. I have met and got to know many new and interesting people.

I came to Council with experience as an early adopter user of the Internet
and a knowledge of Internet naming and addressing. However, ICANN and its
role, structure, history, politics and issues were largely new to me. It
took a long time to learn and understand.

Now, two years later, I'm fully supportive of ICANN as the body responsible
for the governance of the core Internet and of the of the bottom up
consensus driven model.

I intend to maintain an interest in ICANN. I will be at the ICANN Meeting in
Wellington in March 2006 and I look forward to seeing you there.

Kind regards,
Alick