[council] Drafting meeting

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sat Dec 3 00:14:07 UTC 2005

Hi,

Since I will have to skip at least some of the IETF mtg to make the
drafting session, I would prefer to have us work through the weekend.
If the drafting session is held Thrusday and Friday, I will have to
skip the entire week of IETF.  given their invovlement in the IDN
issues, I would consider this unfortunate.  But given the importance
of the work, I do plan to make it to the drafting sessions.

Whatever we do, we should decide as soon as possible.

I also agree that a block of rooms should be reserved.  As for the
nomcom appointees getting rooms in the venue hotel, this is not what
happens.  If room are limited in the main hotel (the normal case),
the nomcom appointees are billeted in one of the other hotels.  I
agree that it would be better to be accommodated together in the
venue hotel as this allows for more impromptu meetings to deal with
the increasing work load.  Also, we are generally not accomodated
until the week before the meeting, leaving us in a state of worry
about whether we will be accommodated or not (perhaps it is only
because I am a worrier, but I got confirmation of my booking two days
before flying to Vancouver).

a.