[council] nz meeting early work days

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sat Dec 3 01:22:59 UTC 2005

Hi,

Leaving Thursday means i can catch most of the IETF meeting.  If we
meet on Thursday, I have to leave on Tuesday which leaves very little
time for IETF and there is not gguarantee that the IDN discussions
will all get scheduled on Monday/Tuesday.

As for rest, with that long a flight i will have slept at least twice
so expect to be fine.  that is certainly my experience from previous
trips of this sort of duration.  Of course I can't speak for others.

To go further, I expect that if there are two down days, they will be
filled by other work.  Now that may a good reason to come on Thursday
so there is a chance to work 4 days if we can't finish in 2 days. Or
if we want to tackle more of the many issues on our plate, i.e. 2
days on tld, and 2 on other pressing issues.

There may also be accounting concerns in this as perhaps not
everyone's funders will be willing to fund 2 intermediate down time
days.

BTW, I do endorse the idea of getting as much work done in the
intervening months using whichever tools we can all learn to use.

a.