[council] Drafting meeting

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Sat Dec 3 01:26:16 UTC 2005

Hello Avri,

> Probably not a realistic suggestion but one I feel needs to
> be put forward. Is there any way to arrange for the face to
> face drafting session to be done at an interim time between
> Vancouver and Wellington in order to expedite the work and
> try to meet the by-laws'
> required timing?

Part of the issue here is that a face-to-face meeting requires
significant travel for most Council members - this is a matter of time
and cost.   E.g it is at least a days travel for me to and from most
locations in Europe or USA.

Thus the proposal to meet shortly before Wellington was to ensure
economies of airfares for those that will most likely be travelling to
Wellington anyway.

Of course smaller groups of ICANN participants can get together in local
regions prior to Wellington, with the Wellington meeting be an
opportunity to consolidate the views of prior meetings.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin