[council] Wellington Preparations

Michael D. Palage michael at palage.com
Thu Dec 8 21:46:31 UTC 2005

Hello All:

Putting on my Meetings Committee hat for a minute I just wanted to
update the Council on the Wellington meeting and their previous request
to reserve a block of rooms.

First off there is no "official" host hotel for the Wellington meeting.
The meeting will be held at a venue which is actual two separate
buildings connected by a walkway.

The nearest hotel to the meeting venue is the Hotel Duxton located
directly across the street. Because of a delay in approving the meeting,
ICANN was unable to secure a large block of rooms at this hotel. Instead
the ICANN participants will likely be located among a number of area
hotels.

The ICANN Board and staff will be staying at the Intercontinental
located approximately 3 to 4 blocks away.

I have received unofficial confirmation that ICANN has reserved a block
of 15 rooms at the Intercontinental for the Council. I will try to find
out the necessary information for council members to reserve these
rooms. After a certain point in time, those rooms for which council
members have not yet made reservations will be released.

Just wanted to keep everyone in the loop.

Best regards,

Michael D. Palage