[council] Proposed dates for GNSO Council meetings Jan., Feb., March 2006

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Thu Dec 15 15:26:50 UTC 2005

Hi,

I agree with your comments.  As a nomcom appointee, I do tend to
think of myself as a volunteer in a relatively standard sense and
consider time spent on ICANN as pro-bono work as no one pays me for
the time spent on it and it bears no relation to any of my research
or contract funding.  Yet having volunteered, I do not believe that
this binds me or my time any less.  Yes, I volunteered, but having
done so, I have taken on the tasks and have an obligation to them,
even if they become onerous.  Having voted for the work items ahead
of us, I feel it is incumbent on me, as much as someone who is funded
by their company, to put in the required time to get the work done.
I also think that we will need weekly calls with weekly action items
if we intend to meet reasonable time constraints.

Having said that, I think it is good if we open up some of the work
to more ICANN participants and constituency members.  Perhaps, even
though we are working on the TLD issue as a committee of the whole,
we could create some sub committees, that work of specific issues
under this umbrella.

a.