[council] Registrars approve ICANN budget (2005-2006)

Ross Rader ross at tucows.com
Mon Dec 19 16:08:20 UTC 2005

Greetings -

It is important that I pass on this salient clarification that was
pointed out by the chair of the Registrar Constituency. Although staff
reported in Vancouver that registrars had not yet approved being
invoiced for their portion of the fees, it was also true that we had not
yet been asked for our approval. The process that we use requires us to
vote in a formal ballot run by ICANN staff. Without this ballot, there
is no official way for us to voice our support, or non-support, of the
invoicing mechanism for the budget.

Once the request was received by accredited registrars, approval was
ratified within days.

-ross