[council] Extension of public comment period - the "quickie" notice

olof nordling olof.nordling at icann.org
Wed Dec 21 21:48:47 UTC 2005

Dear all,

As agreed during the Council call, here’s my proposal for an announcement of
the extended public comment period for the new gTLD PDP, to be posted on the
ICANN front page:

Extension of Public Comment Period on GNSO New gTLDs Policy Development
Process

In order to enable interested parties to prepare substantive comments on the
identified issue areas in this policy development process, the deadline for
comments has been extended to 31 January 2006. In addition, a call for
papers, for posting and ensuing oral presentations to the GNSO, will be
issued shortly with the same deadline of 31 January 2006.

Could this be sufficient for the “quick” version? As time is of essence in
order to get it posted before the Christmas break I would need your comments
before 6 PM CET/5 PM UTC. (Kurt: please advise if that timeline is doable
for getting it posted before Santa takes over)

We will have to develop the call for papers in detail in the near future, of
course.

Best regards

Olof

PS. As it was a little unclear how many were interested to be in this quick
loop, I send this to the whole list - with my apologies if you consider it
spam.