[council] Draft Call for papers, new gTLD PDP

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 28 16:51:39 UTC 2005

Olof, I may have additional comments, but one quick one. The reference to "oral presentations" should also say " via conference call". Also, I do not support limiting the response to only one question.  For instance, by answering "Yes" to Q.1, and not answering any other question, THERE IS VERY little value to such a response.

The purpose of this approach is to get substantive inputs that will not come in via the routine public comment process.

I understand that it may not be able to get all questions answered, but we need to be cautious about suggesting that only one or two responses are adequate. We are not only inviting responses, but making a commitment to hear several of them via conf call, and of course all councilors always have to read all comments, as well as the analysis by the staff. So, we need to really encourage complete as possible responses.

Is there a better way to do that without sayiing all have to be responded?

Perhaps it needs to be a minimum of three responses?
Thoughts?