[council] ICANN Board Resolutions - 28-June-2005

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 4 05:14:53 UTC 2005

So, how do we start this?

Right now, there is not a real dialogue between the Councils and the Board
members on topics of impact on ICANN. The Councils haven't fully developed
their interaction with the board, behaviorally, if you think about it. .
That is probably an accident of circumstances, but it is our responsibility
to devise a better way to interact with the Board.

Perhaps we should be thinking of a joint retreat in Vancouver -- ccNSO
Council, gNSO Council, ASO/RIRs,  Liaisons from ALAC, Board/liaisons.  We
could focus on the StratPlan processes as a working topic, or ICANN in a
post MOU environment. The agenda could be worked out by a small group of
chairs of the SOs/designees. A full day should be set aside for this
interaction.

Yes, I understand it is a large group. I've facilitated groups of this size
before. One method could be to create small working groups of a mix of all
the players for parts of the program.

But the important thing is that the leadership teams would begin to work
together.

Marilyn