[council] ICANN Statement on London Bombings

Bret Fausett bfausett at internet.law.pro
Thu Jul 7 16:13:38 UTC 2005

*http://www.icann.org
STATEMENT CONCERNING LONDON BOMBINGS AND ICANN MEETING IN LUXEMBOURG*

Friends and Colleagues,

There have been multiple bomb blasts in London this morning. At the time
of writing, it does not look like the airports have been hit, but
clearly the public transport system in London itself has been.

The advice we have received is that if you are transiting through London
on the way to the ICANN meeting in Luxembourg, please do not go to
central London. If you have a stopover, please stay at hotels at the
airport or west of the city.

At the moment the airports are not affected and we understand that
flights are not being diverted but one should expect heightened security
and hence delays at British airports.

If members of the community have any questions, please direct them to
traveltolux at icann.org

Arrangements in Luxembourg continue as planned.

Paul Twomey
President & CEO
/7 July 2005/