[council] FW: Regional Liaison Managers - budget, operational plan and strategic plan

Alick Wilson alick.wilson at xendra.co.nz
Mon Jul 11 00:43:58 UTC 2005

Fellow Councillors

Something to be considered during the discussions on budget, operational
plan and strategic plan is the matter of regional liaison.

In mid-May ICANN posted '... immediate job openings for the position of
Liaison Managers for multiple world regions.'
http://www.icann.org/general/jobs.htm#RegionalLiaisonManagers.

I understand that '... the positions are tentatively planned to be housed in
the hub offices (MdR and Brussels). The positions may rotate to other
locations pending discussions with regard to ICANN regional presences.
Applicants will be considered for ICANN's five regions, and the positions
are regular [employee, not period contract ]hires.'

As far as I know the following questions are still unanswered
- what, exactly, are these five regional liaison managers going to do?
- do the regional TLD associations support this?
- how does this fit with the strategic plan?
- how does this fit with the operational plan, budgets, and financial
contributions from GTLDs and ccTLDs?

Regards,
Alick