[council] RE: GNSO Council call Thursday 28 July Dial-in details

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 26 01:03:36 UTC 2005

Bruce, a few topics, but realizing we can't get to all of them in our short
working time, I note them for consideration and suggest that we figure out
what is urgent, and what can be deferred to a working session to deal with
more of the administrative management issues.

Development of  working session/retreat with the Board and Council under
AOB. Consideration of needed time, agenda, purpose, etc. [Sorry, I should
have noted earlier that it wasn't already covered and emailed earlier. Have
been traveling and snowed under. Just caught that was missing].

I also note that we need to address what steps the Council will take to
achieve its goal of getting the staff position for the Senior VP of policy
actualized, per the input we have been providing.

More on the Administrative Management side: I'd also like to add in the
topic of a program committee, cutting across the SOs. While there seemed to
be "agreement", there was then an announcement that the Board would do a
survey of individuals re their views. That isn't really a substitute for a
program committee that includes the SOS and ALAC in planning. Such a survey,
if useful, would be input into such a program committee.

I understand that there is interest for some on the board in applying the
conflict of Interest, etc. to the elected reps of councils/appointed reps
from NomComm. It would be good to invite the relevant Board member to a
future discussion before they are moving to finalization, so that they can
have an interactive discussion with the Council.