[council] FW: the topic of new gTLDs and the role of gNSO Council

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 27 23:28:40 UTC 2005

Dear Avri, my personal views, at a. First read, are in short style  below. Am on Blkberry. Limitation. Apologies for abrupt resp. Style.

1. NO.  I consider this aberrant from my expectations as someone who participated in the concept of binding consensus policy. If the communities expectations of the role of consensus policy and its intregrity is different from bd, this gap needs to be closed.
2. Can't wait to read the doc. Can't open on blkberry. I would not recommend bd est policy. Is policy council job.

3. More on this tomorrow.

Finally, this is a discussion that we should have.

Well documented research athat gathers the history, as it seems staff has provided us supports the role and work of Council. Who owns policy mkg in this area, and shares some aspects in some areas, with others.
I am on a train and will be home around midnight. I will read Olaf's document with great interest. Sounds like it is a contribution to Council's work.