[council] IDN at the IETF meeting

Cary Karp ck at nic.museum
Fri Jul 29 07:42:01 UTC 2005

The subject of IDN is likely to arise in a number of contexts during
the course of the IETF meeting next week in Paris. There are,
however, no clearly indicated slots for this on the published
conference agenda. It might be useful if the Council members and
ICANN staff who will be in attendance, as well as other interested
members of our constituencies, could meet informally as early as
possible at the conference venue to discuss how we might best
contribute our own perspectives on this very important issue during
the various sessions that we will be attending where the subject may
come up.

The welcome reception on Sunday evening provides an obvious
opportunity for an initial gathering, assumuing that a useful number
of us will have arrived in time for it. I'll be there, in any case,
and look forward to seeing you both then and later during the course
of the week.

/Cary