[council] Voting rules for the combined WHOIS task force

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Thu Jun 16 04:16:32 UTC 2005

Hello Marilyn,

> I am very concerned at the recommendation and oppose taking a
> vote on this topic prematurely.

Actually I wasn't intending to make a recommendation.  I have pointed
out the previous decision made by Council, and provided a couple of
options to start the discussion and seek the views of Council members.
The Council is not limited to the two options I presented.

I welcome discussion on this list on what the recommendation should be.

With respect to when to vote - it depends on what level of consensus we
have reached around the recommendation at the time of our meeting next
week.  If Council members feel they need more time - we can always delay
a decision until our meeting in Luxembourg.

Regards,
Bruce