[council] ICANN Board Resolutions - 28-June-2005

Bret Fausett bfausett at internet.law.pro
Thu Jun 30 20:28:48 UTC 2005

Thank you for this update, Michael. In the ALAC, we have concerns about
the lack of transparency around the .NET decision. Specifically, the
view from the outside is that the public comments, the ALAC submission,
and the GNSO submission were not given due consideration by the Board.
In fact, from the outside, it is not clear that these contributions were
given *any* consideration by the Board.

In Mar del Plata, I would like to hear someone from the Board make a
presentation that responds to the significant concerns voiced by the
public, the ALAC and the GNSO about the award.

This is not to say that Verisign was the wrong choice, only that we
deserve an explanation as to why Verisign was the right choice in light
of the contributions ICANN received from the community.