[council] Draft WHOIS terms of reference

Ross Wm. Rader ross at tucows.com
Fri May 6 09:01:30 UTC 2005

On 5/6/2005 1:00 AM Bruce Tonkin noted that:

> I welcome discussion on the Council and WHOIS task force lists prior to
> the GNSO Council call.

I'm running out the door to catch a flight, so I can only pass on a very
quick comment after a cursory review. Overall, I think the proposed TOR
is extremely close to where it needs to be...

> (2) Define the purpose of the technical and administrative contacts, in
> the context of the purpose of WHOIS, to improve the accuracy and
> relevance of the data collected.

Some, or perhaps all, of this task was completed by the transfers task
force. The recommendations of the TF included statements of definition
of the contacts, although I can't remember whether these included a
definition of purpose. This should be clarified prior to requesting more
work in this area...

--
Regards,

	-rwr

"In the modern world the intelligence of public opinion is the one
indispensable condition for social progress."
	- Charles W. Eliot (1834 - 1926)