[council] Fifth draft of WHOIS terms of reference

Ross Rader ross at tucows.com
Tue May 31 02:26:45 UTC 2005

I am not in the office for the next two weeks, and my
internet access will be quite sporadic, but I'd like to
toss a quick comment into the drafting process -

Regarding the first two work items - I propose that each
be reworded to remove the phrase "the purpose of " (i.e.
"...define the purpose of..." should simply read
"...define...". The task force should simply focus on
creating definitions that can be used to set the context
for other decisions. The council should then consider
whether or not further policy work should be conducted to
define which purposes are appropriate/inappropriate as a
separate work item.

The current instructions as written are simply too broad
to allow this group to effectively meet the goals we have
set out.

Also, for our next meeting, I will have to give my proxy
to Bruce and then to Tom. Apologies that I can't make it.