[council] Copy of notes used in the WHOIS discussion in Wellington

Mawaki Chango ki_chango at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 4 11:44:23 UTC 2006

Hello Bruce et al.

--- Bruce Tonkin <Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au> wrote:

>>>SNIP

> Note I did a short search on the ICANN website, and couldn't find
> any
> basic DNS tutorial information.  This is clearly something that
> would be
> worthwhile - ie some basic technical tutorials on DNS, IP
> addressing,
> DNSSEC, IDNs etc.   There were some presentations by Andrew
> McLaughlin
> some years ago - but they were really just about the naming
> hierarchy
> rather than how the names are resolved to IP addresses.

I fully support this idea of tutorials on all those topics/issues
pertaining to ICANN core mission and functions, especially those with
substantial technical component - and of course on all similar issues
to come. I even wonder how we haven't thought about it before!!

Mawaki

=== message truncated ===