[council] Regarding web conferencing tool that was trialed during the call

Cary Karp ck at nic.museum
Thu Apr 13 12:09:45 UTC 2006

> - as i did not have a linux box at my disposal at the moment
>   (as it has crashed badly and needs a rebuild)
>   i did not try it on linux.

I did. It didn't work, even after quite a bit of fiddling. I had no
other computer at hand and therefore couldn't participate in the trial run.

Given our close association with Steve Crocker maybe we should try his
Shinkuro?

	http://www.shinkuro.com/

I am not prepared to migrate to a MicroSoft working environment. Given
the range of candidate solutions to our need that are truly
cross-platform, I hope we'll do a bit more looking around before
committing to an inflexible alternative.

/Cary