[council] Re: [registrars] Re: [domains-gen] Vint Cerf/ICANN confirm my interpretation of .biz/info/org proposed contracts -- tiered/differential domain pricing would not be forbidden

Ross Rader ross at tucows.com
Wed Aug 23 18:07:26 UTC 2006

Bhavin Turakhia wrote:

> One thing I do believe is that given
> this latitude, the future in terms of pricing is uncertain

I think we all agree on this. I find it marvelous that ICANN devotes
several pages to clearly outlining how much money they will receive from
the registries while leaving fundamental questions like this wide open.

 From a governance perspective, I hope that the board expects more from
its staff than this. From a policy and operational perspective, its
completely unacceptable no matter how you cut it. There needs to be more
certainty for registrants in these contracts.

Regards,

--

                        -ross rader