[council] collaborative tools

Ross Rader ross at tucows.com
Fri Dec 8 14:36:25 UTC 2006

Marilyn Cade wrote:
 > I thought that we had discussed this to death and agreed that tools that
 > come with professional support are needed to support ICANN's work --
whether
 > it is the Board, the GNSO, or any other 'organ'.
 >
 > The level of work demand that everyone experiences really deserves
 > professional support tools, and professional resources. I am
reviewing the
 > StratPlan and the Operational Plan as part of my
responsibilities/commitment
 > to do, and I see that there are commitments in both. Perhaps what is
needed
 > is just the will and time for the President and CEO to assign staff
to make
 > 'this' happen.

I remember talking it to death, but as far as I remember, there is no
agreement on what constitutes "professional support tools" and
"professional resources". We have traded many ideas and philosophies on
the subject, but I don't know I would go so far as saying that we've
given any one any direct instructions or requirements that are
actionable in any real sense.

-r