[council] New draft ToR for PDP on contractual conditions for existing gTLDs

olof nordling olof.nordling at icann.org
Sun Feb 19 17:19:25 UTC 2006

Dear Council members,

As agreed, I have modified the ToR in line with the discussions at the
Council call 16 February, with most valued help from other staff attending
the call. See attachment. I have used the paragraph wordings supplied to the
list by Ross and Bruce (taking the latest submission in one case when both
had provided slightly different texts) and staff notes for a couple of other
agreed changes. I must emphasize that the exact outcome was not always
crystal clear so please consider the new draft carefully.

Also, regarding Marilyn's recent mail, the expression "privacy rights"
remains in 5a, but I do share Marilyn's concern that this expression may be
amiss. It is probably not "intellectual property rights" we're looking for
either and it may be appropriate to use a more explicit sentence to capture
the gist of what is intended.

Best regards

Olof