[council] New draft ToR for PDP on contractual conditions for existing gTLDs

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sun Feb 19 20:24:12 UTC 2006

Hi,

I tend to think that privacy rights should be specifically
enumerated.  I don't fully understand the notion of registries having
any proprietary rights to registry information, though I expect they
do receive some use rights.

This may be a case for enumerated several rights; i.e.
"and which rights, including but not limited to, privacy and use
rights ..."

I also have trouble with the word exists.  What does it mean for a
right to exist in something?  I am not, obviously, one of the lawyers
in the council, but i would think that this set of possible rights
'pertain to' or are 'associated with' (i am sure there is a perfect
legal term) the date instead of existing within.   To put it another
way, are rights an attribute of the data?

a.