[council] FW: Motion from GNSO Council regarding the proposed .com agreement

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 9 12:29:47 UTC 2006

Two agenda items for our upcoming Council call:

1) Can we invite an update on the litigation and .com agreements for the
upcoming Council meeting?

2) Also, it seems to me that the topic of how we are planning to address the
identified policy issues mentioned in our motion must be a priority of the
Council discussion.

I see four possible elements to address via policy, or "advice" at a minimum
for this discussion:
	"automatic/perpetual assumption of renewals"
	Approach to funding model changes
	Ceilings on registry prices
	Adherence to consensus policy in negotiated agreements [e.g. the
failure to rely on the consensus policy for new registry services in the
proposed .com agreement]

Obviously, there is a timeliness issue which must be addressed, in terms of
how Council will deliver a short turn around on policy guidance/consensus
policy on the areas it agrees to address, per the motion approved, and sent
to the Board.

And, if this is my first email to any of you out there, Happy 2006!

Regards,

Marilyn