[council] Further input as requested on proposed meeting for Feb 2006 in Washington

Mawaki Chango ki_chango at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 24 20:51:54 UTC 2006

Hello Bruce, all:

Sorry, I was in class and meetings the whole day. Yes, those dates
are good for me, just as the same days the previous week (16-19) and
the next week (2-5 March), etc.

Now, on the princple (agenda) of the meeting and the location: when
it was first proposed during our last conference call, I understood
that the purpose was for the councilors to come together and give an
impetus to the PDP work at hand in order to achieve significant
progress. I seem to have a problem with the agenda item: "provide an
opprtunity for any additional public comment on the reports published
so far", especially if the meeting is to take place in Washington DC,
which is far to be a neutral site. On the principle, I think the
email or web based public comment process that has been taking place
gives every one the opportunity to participate, on a rather equal
footing. Holding this meeting in D.C. and inviting those who have the
chance to be around to have more impact on the process seems to me
neither necessary, nor fair for those who will not have that
opportunity.

So, you may have the other councilors expressing their views on this,
or just drop that item from agenda.

Regards,

Mawaki

=== message truncated ===