[council] Statement of Interest, Mawaki Chango

Mawaki Chango ki_chango at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 27 21:19:09 UTC 2006

Hi, Glen!
I trust this finds you well, and thanks for your kind attention... I
fist thought I would rather post my statement (message below) rather
to the list just like every one (as it seemed), then things got a
little confused with the different threads of discussion and
issues... So in the mean time, I'm sending it to you, hopping it is
okay!
--------

In agreement with this proposal and Ross' approach, namely to have a
mandatory and yet light-weight policy, this is my statement:

(start)
I am currently a full-time Ph.D. student and Graduate Assistant, and
I represent the Non-Commercial Users Constituency on the GNSO
Council. In addition, I am involved in social activism through my
participation in ACSIS (African Civil Society for Information
Society), as ICT policy advocator, and advisor to the ACSIS’
President.
Over the last five years, I have been involved as a consultant with
UNESCO, the International Development Research Centre, Open Society
Initiative for West Africa (Dakar), the Eduardo Mondlane University
(Maputo), and EvalNet (Johannesburg). I have never been involved in
any business related to the distribution and operation of Internet
resources.
(end)

Thanks,

Mawaki