[council] Washington meeting: NCUC position

Mawaki Chango ki_chango at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 30 19:07:32 UTC 2006

Hello Bruce,

Thank you very much for your various and detailed responses. I will
make sure the NCUC hear your point. I think you have perfectly
understood our concern and objective, which was/is not to create
polemics; in any event, I personally do hope that the NCUC approach
will help the Council accomplish an even more careful and, in a way
(just in away), rigorous job.

The NCUC did not at all mean to question the ability of the Council
members to handle the current issues at a meeting to be held in
Washington. If it has been perceived so, please all accept my regrets
on behalf of the NCUC. To my colleagues who seem to reduce our
position to an argument about the location, I would just like to
recall that the issue in the first place was not the location as
such, but the opportunity of a specific agenda item. And the end of
your message below, Bruce, particularly the question (3), along with
your reference to an older practice with the "the 'General Assembly'
portion of ICANN meetings" indicate to me that the Council as a whole
may need to take some decisions or to clarify some processes - so,
hopefully, this debate will not have been useless to all of us.

Now and last, I would like to invite the leadership to proceed with
and attend to its duty (which it has been doing anyway), taking into
account our concern (whatever forms or arguments have been used to
express it), just as the concern of any other constituency.

En espérant travailler avec vous tous en bonne intelligence -
Cordialement,

Mawaki