[council] Proposed WHOIS motion for 20 July 2006

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 14 13:35:39 UTC 2006

Dear Bruce, I think this needs better wording overall and I'd prefer that we
take some consultation from the Ass't General Counsel on possible edits to
the draft resolution, along with of course suggested Councilor input. Can we
enlist Dan's assistance and attention to this, please?

Just to verify that we are seeking to be consistent with ICANN's mission and
core values. Consumer protection agencies should be added to any wording.
These are typically civil agencies, and may not always be viewed as "law
enforcement" by terminology.

I inserted IN CAPS below some possible additions/edits.

UNDERSTANDIGN WHAT CCTLDS DO IS USEFUL. Several have well established
practices and policies, but we need to ensure that we are representative as
we do that examination and invite the ccTLD managers themselves, not ask the
governments what the ccTLDs do. There are several models of CcTLDS.  :-)