[council] Marilyn Cade: announcement of interest in standing for election to the ICANN board

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 28 18:29:50 UTC 2006

Dear colleagues,

I wanted to announce my resignation from the Nominating Committee as a
representative from the BC,  and advise fellow councilors of my interest in
standing for election to the vacant Board seat now open for nomination.

 In order to stand for election, I have advised the Nominating Committee
that I am resigning [from the Nominating Committee]and have asked to be
removed from the Nominating Committee list and activities.

In order to be fully transparent, I advise the Council that I am disputing
an interpretation by the General Counsel regarding my eligibility to stand
for election due to the Nominating Committee service. I have filed an
ombudsman's appeal and am preparing a Reconsideration Request. In my view, I
am fully qualified, now that I have resigned from the Nominating committee
to be a candidate for election. The General Counsel has disagreed with my
eligibility status, thus my appeals through the ombudsman, and possibly
Reconsideration.

I don't mean to clog the Council list with this topic, since that would be
inappropriate, but please do let me know of any questions you may have. If
nominated and seconded, then I'll have a chance to campaign, like any other
candidate. At this point, the purpose of this posting is informational.

Best regards,

Marilyn Cade