[council] Letter from the American Intellectual Property Law Association regarding WHOIS decision

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Wed Jun 21 02:22:40 UTC 2006

Bruce Tonkin
Chair, GNSO Council

Dear Mr. Tonkin,

On behalf of the American Intellectual Property Law Association, I am
forwarding comments expressing the Association's serious concerns
regarding the vote of the Generic Names Supporting Organization favoring
the narrow Formulation 1 definition of the purpose of the WHOIS service
in the context of ICANN's mission and core values.

We thank you in advance for your consideration of our views.

Sincerely,

Michael K. Kirk
Executive Director
American Intellectual Property Law Association
2001 Jefferson Davis Highway, Suite 203
Arlington, Virginia 22202