[council] Regarding vote during GNSO Council meeting on Wednesday 28 June 2006

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Wed Jun 21 04:48:15 UTC 2006

Hello All,

Please note that we are scheduled to ratify the election result at our
meeting in Marrakech on Wednesday 28 July 2006:

10:00 Marrakech, 6:00 Washington, 11:00 UTC, 12:00 Brussels

I hope that those Councillors that are not able to attend the meeting
in-person will give serious consideration to dialling-in for the Council
meeting long enough to ratify the vote, which is the first agenda item.

I think this is important as the first round of the election showed that
the result is likely to be close, and I think it is important that the
full Council ratify the election result.

Please notify the GNSO Secretariat if you cannot call in, or if there is
anything we can do to facilitate this (e.g dial out to you, or move the
time of the vote during the meeting).

If necessary we can schedule another time/date for the purpose of
ratifying the result, but I think it would be useful to be able to
formally appoint a new Board member, prior to the ICANN Board meeting in
Marrakech on Friday 30 June 06.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin