[council] GNSO PDP new TLDS: Call for further information

Liz Williams liz.williams at icann.org
Wed Mar 8 13:14:50 UTC 2006

Dear Colleagues

I have attached for your review a document which sets out a request
for additional information on the technical selection criteria for
new TLDs.

The document focuses on four key questions around technical criteria
which we discussed at some length at the Washington meeting.

Could I ask you and your constituencies to come to Wellington with
more detailed information about your positions (and the justification
for those positions based on ICANN's mission and values)?  We would
then be able to move forward with discussions about the
appropriateness of other selection criteria and allocation methods.

I will be delivering to you all, I hope by the end of this week, an
updated version of the new TLD Initial Report in which I have
included Washington inputs and other information.

I would expect to be working on that Initial Report during the two
day session planned for 25 & 26 March.

Kind regards and, of course, any questions come straight back to me.
If necessary, we could add quick discussion of this document to the
agenda for next week's Council call.

Liz

Liz Williams
Senior Policy Counselor