[council] GNSO PDP: Policies for Contractual Conditions -- Existing TLDs

Liz Williams liz.williams at icann.org
Wed Mar 8 19:24:42 UTC 2006

Colleagues

This note has been somewhat pre-empted by other discussion but I have
included everything for clarity.

I am going to lead from the staff side on the Policies for
Contractual Conditions:  Existing TLDs PDP (now known as PCC -
eTLDs).  You will have seen the public comment period notification
posted on the ICANN website (http://icann.org/announcements/
announcement-06mar06.htm).

 From my side, here is what I understand we're doing (Glen has
advised me of the correct dates according to the PDP Guidelines).
Any corrections, please let me know as soon as you can.

Appointment of Taskforce Representatives -- due now

7 March - 27 March -- public comment period. Note that 27 March is
"constituency day" for the Wellington meeting.

10 April -- constituency statement deadline.  I have attached a
template which may help constituencies with both addressing the terms
of reference and meeting the deadlines set under the PDP guidelines.
Information presented in a consistent format will help me greatly
when drafting the Initial Report.  It also helps to see if and when
agreement is reached on elements of a PDP.  If there are consistent
gaps in responses, I can then arrange a call for additional
information to be provided.

20 April - Initial Report due -- I am taking some family leave over
the Easter break and will not be back in the office until 24 April.
I would ask the Council's indulgence that I distribute the Initial
Report on Friday 28 April.

Of course, if you have additional questions, please let me know.

Kind regards.

Liz

Liz Williams
Senior Policy Counselor