[council] GNSO PDP Dec 05: New TLDs Proposed Work Plan

Marilyn Cade marilynscade at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 9 14:15:17 UTC 2006

Thanks, Liz, for this start at a time line.  It is a skeleton that can be
built on with the details of a work plan.  Between March and May, there
needs to be further deliberations, and probably further data consideration.
Council, as the TF of the whole, may have thoughts on how to advance the
information that is needed to continue to advise deliberations regarding
policy.

Regarding PDP-Feb06 : For the Councilors:

I think that we need to have a more robust development of a work plan for
this PDP, as well, which will need to include the discussion of scheduled
working sessions for the "TF", discussion and consideration of the
appointment of possible external experts to advise and contribute to the
information gathering needed to inform the process, etc. One thing we have
learned with our latest PDP is the importance of taking input and not just
relying on superficial approaches to information gathering or analysis. So,
I'd like to add a discussion on the Council's call, of the possible
approaches to further data gathering and analysis, as is our option, under
the PDP guidelines.

Question to "Councilors": Will all Constituencies be able to make their
decisions of members of the "TF" for PDP - Feb06 within the time frame
proposed? Or will it be needed to allow for further additions, after voting
processes take place within some constituencies?

I believe that the BC officers will announce to the Secretariat tomorrow.

Finally, one point that regards both PDPs, and actually all policy work. The
work with other SOs needs to be managed, and participated in by the Council,
and we need to discuss on the Council call, how the Councilors are going to
fulfill this important outreach and dialogue responsibility. Once we decide
that, we can then turn to the staff for assistance in developing agendas and
materials for such meetings.

Marilyn