[council] Additional Disclosure

Bret Fausett bfausett at internet.law.pro
Mon Mar 13 06:12:00 UTC 2006

Dear Councilors,

On Friday, my law firm was formally retained to represent the Coalition For
Internet Transparency ("CFIT") (http://www.cfit.info/) in its lawsuit over
the anti-competitive award of .COM and .NET to Verisign. For those of you
not familiar with this, you can read details of the lawsuit on the ICANN
website:

     http://icann.org/general/litigation-cfit.htm

Other lawyers at my firm will handle the day-to-day responsibilities on the
case, but I will be providing advice and assistance from time to time. If
you have any questions about this or how this representation may affect my
work for the ALAC and Council, please let me know. By a separate e-mail, I
am sending an updated Statement of Interest to Glen for inclusion on the
website.

         Bret