[council] Of Conflicts and Interests

Ross Rader ross at tucows.com
Thu Mar 23 19:50:35 UTC 2006

Fellow Councillors -

There has been a lot of discussion about conflicts of interests on the
various task forces and within our meetings in recent months. Some of
this discussion, I believe, is inappropriate in that it fundamentally
mischaracterizes the true essence of ICANN and the GNSO and will lead to
a substantially different management framework than what we signed up
for with the White Paper.

I have posted an "essay" on this topic at
http://code.byte.org/blog/_archives/2006/3/23/1837306.html

Your review and commentary would be appreciated.

Safe travels and warm regards,
--

                        -rr

                 "Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions.
                                            All life is an experiment.
                             The more experiments you make the better."
                         - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Contact Info:
Ross Rader
Director, Research & Innovation